Strategic Outlook 2019
We are pleased to present Strategic Outlook 2019, our fifth annual global security and geopolitical forecast for security and intelligence leaders in global businesses, governments and international organisations, enabling informed decision-making in an increasingly adversarial environment.
The theme of Strategic Outlook 2019 is ‘Towards a Zero-Sum World’. Across nearly every region, we forecast that authoritarian, right-wing and nationalist governments and movements will grow in strength and influence.
- Over 260 forecasts on issues relevant to security, crisis and geopolitical risk:
- Extreme right-wing movements to grow in strength and influence
- Challenges from environmental and climate change to state agencies
- Governments weighing up alliances in the Middle East, Asia and Africa
- Confidence further eroding in US' commitment to treaties and allies
- Early warning indicators for ongoing monitoring through 2019
- Outliers to challenge assumptions and encourage anticipation of higher-impact surprise events
- Thematic analysis to help readers interpret and predict intentions, actions and outcomes across the regions
Summary - Who should read the Strategic Outlook?
A comprehensive outlook for decision-makers
The Strategic Outlook is primarily for those tasked with managing risks in global corporations. Our Security Intelligence and Analysis Service (SIAS) presents security and crisis-related forecasts that give clarity on the current geopolitical landscape.
The Strategic Outlook 2019 contains
- Regional forecasts: A thematic analysis for each region covering a range of security and crisis-related forecasts to help the reader form plans, conceive their own predictions, and highlight requirements for ongoing intelligence and assessment.
- Monitoring points, risk levels and trends: These serve as early warning indicators and 'trigger points' for crisis plans. They allow the reader to see what the prevailing risks are now and where these are headed.
- Outliers: Possible outcomes in the coming year that we think could prove to be surprising. We offer these to test assumptions and biases, and flag risks that sit on the outer edge of probability, but are plausible and consequential enough to merit further thought.
An insight into our Strategic Intelligence & Analysis Service (SIAS)
SIAS provides global businesses and international organisations with a protective and strategic intelligence capability. SIAS delivers actionable, forward-looking intelligence for security and crisis management decision making, planning and operations. Click here to read more.
Strategic Outlook editions
The Strategic Outlook has been running for a number of years. Please take a look at our other editions to see how they compare;